Hampshire Elder Law Program (HELP)
The Hampshire Elder Law Program (H.E.L.P.) provides representation for the civil legal needs of low income elders sixty years of age or older and who reside in Hampshire County.
This program, which is funded by the Massachusetts Bar Foundation, appoints attorneys to represent clients pro bono.
The attorneys are paid through the program at a reduced rate.
To request an attorney, contact us at (413) 586-8729 or send us an email.
Client Eligibility Requirements
The potential client
- Has a need for legal assistance for a civil (not criminal) matter
- Does not have funds to hire an attorney (meets income and asset limits)
- Is 60 years of age or older
- Is a Hampshire County resident
- Has no other services available
Legal Services For
- Consumer protection
- Health Care Proxies
- Powers of Attorney
- Probate of Estate
- Other Elder Matters