For the Children (FTC)
For The Children is a supportive parent education program, open to the public, that focuses on the needs of children of never-married parents. The program is two 2-1/2 hour long sessions and is held in the evenings. Topics include:
- The vital role of parents in childrenâ’s lives
- Pitfalls for parents to avoid
- Understanding children’s needs
- Cooperative parenting
- Supporting children when parents live apart
A male/female team of child development and parent education specialists leads the program. The program consists of video clips, group discussions, and short presentations.
Please read all of the information below about registration, payment, schedules, and requirements.
Register by Mail
Download, print and fill out this registration form to enter the FTC program.
If you are required to pay for the program, send your check via USPS, or bring it in person to the address indicated on the registration form.
If you have obtained a fee waiver, you must attach the waiver to your registration form.
Register Online – Step 1
To start online registration, please select one of the below answers about child custody:
Important Information for FTC Sessions
- Pre-registration is required. Sessions tend to fill quickly. Click the Registration tab or call 413-586-4597 for further registration information.
- Certificates of attendance will be distributed at the end of the second sessions. FTC will deliver your certificate to the Hampshire County Probate and Family Court if your Hampshire County docket number is provided.
- Child care is not available. Please do not bring children.
- Parents with children in common are required to attend separate sessions.
- All sessions begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. Parents arriving late will need to reschedule.
- Sessions end on time at 8:30 p.m.
- Call 413-586-4597 for further registration information.
FTC Sessions are 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. The location will be announced when your registration is confirmed. All programs are held in Northampton.
September 11 & 18
October 16 & 23
November 27 & December 4
- Registration Fee: Registration is free for those required to attend, and who have custodial and non-custodial parenting arrangements (funding provided by The Access & Visitation Project).
- For all others who wish to attend: $50.00 per person
- Fee waivers: All but $5.00 may be waived for persons qualifying as indigent. A fee waiver can be obtained through the Probate and Family Court (413) 586-8500 and must be attached to the registration with $5.00.
- Pre-registration is required. After registering you will receive a confirmation letter via email or U.S. Postal Service.
- The dates and location of the program will be announced in the confirmation letter. All programs are held in Northampton.
Resources for FTC Parents
Also in preparation for our classes and to better support you and your children, FTC registrants are asked to log onto the website www.ProudToParent.org and complete the program.
This highly acclaimed educational and motivation resource will guide you to greater clarity on issues related to our workshop.
Upon conclusion of this online program, a certificate of completion can be printed which can be submitted to the courts documenting your participation in the web-based aspect of our training.
Want to Start a Parent Ed Program?
Would you like to start a parent education program for never-married parents in your area?
The “For The Children” program manual is available for free as a download and additional materials are available for purchase.Â Please see this Order Form for available options.
If you have any questions, please submit them to us via email, or call us at 413-586-4597.