When parents communicate with each other, good things can happen.
O1C is a communication skills program for separated and divorced parents who have previously completed a court-mandated parent education program. Learn parent communication skills, which can help you solve problems faster, save money by avoiding long court battles, and create a calmer atmosphere for your child and for yourself. More than 85% of O1C parents say they have learned to resolve conflicts productively, including:
- Managing emotions carefully, and choosing words carefully
- Fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect
- Using conflict resolution skills consistently
- Focusing on common ground and on the present, not the past
- Using “I” statements rather than “you” statements
Parents attend six, 2-hour sessions together. Parents can communicate with each other about tough issues and receive support and feedback from other parents in a safe and supportive environment. The cost of the class is $395 per parent; if the situations warrants it, the Court will set a different fee based on a parent’s financial conditions.
Please read the important information on this page about scheduling, registration and payment, as well as requirements for attending O1C classes.