Parent Education is no longer required for divorcing parents.
PACT program is NO longer available.
The Parents and Children in Transition (PACT) program consists of two 2-1/2 hour long parent education sessions offered by the Hampshire County Bar Association. It is a program of support, and aims to empower parents by imparting information to best help children adjust to divorce. The sessions consist of video, short presentations, and discussion. A male/female team of child development and parent education specialists lead the programs. Topics include:
- What children need to know
- Pitfalls for parents to avoid
- Typical reactions of children to separation/divorce
- What parents can do to help children adjust
- Problem solving
- Dispute resolution and cooperative parenting